Thanksgiving 2011: Dinner #1

I'm so full and so tired right now, I have now idea how I'm supposed to make and eat two more full Thanksgiving meals. I think my good old friend red wine will have to pull me through... Anyway, today we went to my mom's house where I made a full vegan meal. Only three of us were eating but, I'm certain at least 6 people could have been sated. I didn't burn anything. I even toasted some walnuts and served them in tiny little bowls.  It only took 5 hours, not counting the time it took to shop. And, there is still, as I type this, an entire Sweets from the Earth blueberry cheesecake sitting on the kitchen counter. (I can't say the same for the Frogpond Farm wine, though. That went down pretty quickly.)

I'll be posting two Thanksgiving recipes at some point this weekend, as well as a Soupy Sunday recipe. Look for Wild Mushroom Risotto and Savoury Sage Stuffing in the next few days.


Vegan Thanksgiving Menu

Frogpond Farm 2008 Cabernet-Merlot 

Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Chives and Porcini Mushrooms and Gravy
Oven Roasted Crispy Green Beans
Savoury Sage Stuffing with Toasted Walnuts
Wild Mushroom Risotto

Sweets From the Earth Blueberry Cheesecake



0 comments:

Post a Comment

top