Please Sir, I Want S'more!

So until two weeks ago I had never had a s'more. It's true. I'm in my late twenties and I've never had a s'more. I mentioned this to my brother and mother and even they didn't believe me. My brother insisted all of the items necessary were always in our house - I dispute this - and my mother thought for sure that she had made them when I was a kid - she didn't.

They were never something I felt like I was missing out on. It was more like I knew of their existence, and while I knew I'd enjoy one, the opportunity simply never presented itself. So I'm not complaining that it took me this long to whip myself up some gooey, melty, crunchy s'more awesomeness. I'm actually happy I was able to experience this first bite of childhood magic as an adult.

I am going to complain, however, that gathering the materials to make a vegan s'more is significantly more difficult than making an omni s'more. I was determined, though. I took myself - and by I took myself I mean my manthing took me in his car - down to Panacea and spent $15 hard earned dollars on some Sweet and Sara vegan marshmallows with toasted coconut, their graham crackers, and some Camino dark chocolate.

If you read my last post, you know that I recently celebrated The Ice and Fire Campout, the August holiday celebrated by the HDPMC. If you have no idea what I'm talking about simply click on the convenient links. Now that we're all on the same page, we all understand why and how I was able to make this:


And holy crap, was it ever good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top