Original Emery Circle Oatmeal Cookies

Sometimes it's the simple things in life that are the best.  It seems the simplest cookies, too, have the best tasting cookie dough.  For me?  That's just good, old fashioned, oatmeal cookies.

Can I share?


 Aww... aren't they pretty?  I mean, they aren't that pretty, compared to other things, but they're beautiful in my heart.  Because I like to nibble them.  :-)

Oh, and Emery Circle is the street my Mum grew up on.  It's been a good recipe for a long time.  The short forms are copied straight from the card, because that's how my Mum rolls.  Save time even on recipe writing.  See?

Original Emery Circle Oatmeal Cookies

- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. br. sugar
- 1 egg

Cream together well

- 1 c flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp b. soda
- 3 c. rolled oats

Mix and drop by spoonfuls on parchment-paper-covered cookie sheet. Flatten with (wet) hand or fork.

- Optional raisins, choc. chips, 1/2 cup (do it!)

Second option: reduce oatmeal to 2 1/4 c., add 1 c. coconut.  (yum. 'nuff said.)

"Love me!"
I'd have posted some cookie dough eating moments, but they passed by so quickly...

Enjoy one on me today.  :-)

Sheila

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top