A New Era -- my life this coming year

Now that I have some sort of plan for this coming year, I want to share it here, to put it down on paper, so-to-speak.  It's been a little disorienting, and disheartening, for that matter, to ponder the future in light of the recent events.  I'd gotten used to the stability of the idea of getting married, being a wife, and organizing a household.  I'd forgotten my educational plans.  I'd stopped worrying about work.  I'd left all travel plans for our future as a couple.  But since marriage is now not anywhere in the picture, I had to come crawling back to the Lord once again... "Please help, God, I can't do this on my own either."

I've been working part-time at a local resort in the recreation department, as a leader in their "Kid's Club" program, an office assistant, and a back-up swim instructor.  It's been an incredible blessing to be earning some, and a rewarding and interesting job, but it ends at the end of the summer, and leaves my fall rather empty.

Back in the spring when I stopped studying full time, I left one fascinating 6-credit Anatomy and Physiology course unfinished.  The end date of the course is December 31, and I'm going to tackle it!  It's a little daunting, but very exciting at the same time.  It was my favourite course of the four, and it will be a splendid challenge.

I'm teaching piano a bit again, and hoping to gather a few more students into my little flock of young musicians.  I also have one family that babysit for occasionally, and possibly some more options in that department.  Hopefully in this way I'll be able to earn a few dollars and save.

I'm also going to be able to finish my certification as a birth doula!  I have two books to finish reading, and my dear friend Mary is giving birth to her third child in November--my final certification birth, as she would like me to be her doula once again.  Indeed it will be exciting to finally have that finished.

Beyond finishing the certification and my university course by Christmas, I have another friend giving birth in January, so I must be here for that, it's a delight to be asked to be her doula.  That also gives me the month of January to recuperate from studying, and think ahead to...

Travel?  Yes, God-willing, I'm hoping to have saved up enough to travel.  Hopefully I'll be able to spend several months in Switzerland, although I'm not closing the door to short-term missions if God calls me to that instead.  If I were to go away, it would be sometime in February or March for 1-6 months.  I don't know what that will look like yet, but I'm trusting the Lord that He will unfold HIS plan in my life, to His glory.

It's all a bit fuzzy yet, I admit, but it's a start.  At least I have a general sense of direction.  As I seek the Lord and fellowship with those brothers and sisters in Christ here who are so dear, I pray that He will continue to guide and lead as He would see fit.  My life is a book full of question marks to me, but the Lord can read them all.


What are your plans for the year?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top