Love Makes the World Go Round

Today is my 5th anniversary with my man thing. Or, as we call it, our schmanniversary. (Don't ask me why, but when alone we tend to speak to each other as if there is a baby around.) I am very grateful to have a partner who is supportive of my veganism. This is especially special because while not vegan himself, he never complains about having to eat tofu or tempeh or having to frequent mainly vegan restaurants. He makes fun of me for asking waiters 1 billion questions about my food and rolls his eyes when I don't let him eat until I have a perfect picture but, it's always from a place of love.

Through all the good and bad, I've always loved you, Buttons. Thank you for being so wonderful and supportive.


This morning he went out and bought me a bouquet of lovely pink flowers and everything we needed for a nice, vegan breakfast. Homefries, pears and peaches, and tofu scramble! I've never actually made a tofu scramble before, so I was eager to try one out. Turns out it's delicious! The recipe we tried is not my own, it comes from the Guide to Cruelty-Free Eating from veganoutreach.org.

Tofu Breakfast Scramble

Ingredients
1lb firm or extra-firm tofu, crumbled
2tbsp vegan margarine or vegetable oil
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
2tsp onion powder
1tsp garlic powder
1tsp parsley flakes
1/2tsp tumeric
Salt and pepper to taste

In a large frying pan, saute crumbled tofu in margarine for 2 to 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. cook over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring often.

Serve with traditional breakfast sides such as toast, potatoes, and veggie bacon or sausage.

Variations Add sauteed vegetables (onions, mushrooms, peppers, etc.) and/or top with melted vegan cheese. For breakfast burritos, wrap scramble in tortillas and serve with salsa.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top