Super Sexy Vegan Ponzu-esque Sauce

Ponzu sauce is a Japanese citrus-based sauce. Ponzu shoyu is that citrus sauce with the addition of soy sauce. And, it is so yummy! When I'm feeling extra lazy, I make some sticky rice, give it a lil' ponzu bath and chow down. Generally I use it in place of plain soy sauce. 


The problem is the ponzu you can buy in stores is not vegan as traditionally it includes katsuobushi, which is tuna. But, I am an intrepid vegan, so I make my own. This version is a simple one and doesn't require anything complicated like simmering, straining, cooling, etc. (That recipe will probably come later, on a less lazy day.)




Super Sexy Ponzu-esque Sauce


Ingredients
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp chopped green onion


Put everything into a container that has a lid (jar, tupperware, etc.) and give it a shake to really mix all of the ingredients together. That's all, you're done!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top