Burrito Boyz



I'm not going to lie, it's kind of been a crappy summer. Between my sprained ankle and the extreme heat and worst of all, our pup falling very seriously ill, there hasn't been a lot of fun going on in and around our house as of late. The one, shining, redeeming moment was the birth our of goddaughter Naya this past week - her arrival was safe and healthy for both Mom and Baby and for that we are so grateful and excited!

Because of all the chaos that Summer '11 has brought our house I'll be the first to admit we've had to rely on convenience food now and again. And while there are many great restaurants that do vegan in KW, I'm always relieved when a new quick and inexpensive option presents itself. Because time crunches suck. As do astronomical vet bills (but not nearly as much as a sick doggy, let me tell you).

Anyway, today I'm going to talk to you about the Burrito Boyz chain, which opened a Waterloo location recently (although probably not too recently - you know I don't get out much). I'm sure this is old news to most of you, but I wanted to blog it anyway.




Why Burrito Boyz? Because they have a vegan burrito. And by vegan burrito I don't mean a veggie burrito. I mean they have a Veggie Soy option, made from TVP, for your complete, filling, tummy-rubbing fast-food-burrito experience.

Just make sure you ask for the vegan guacamole. I'm not sure what is in the regular guac that makes it not vegan, but they keep a vegan one separate and under the counter. The few times we have gone there the staff has specifically asked us (after ordering the Veggie Soy burrito without cheese) if we are vegan and then brought out the vegan guac (love that customer service!). If you aren't asked, be sure to ask them.

Now we just need to get them stocking Daiya!

On behalf of Paul, I will warn you that their hot sauce is not something to be trifled with. Burrito Boyz is not the place for acts of macho bravado. This is coming from two people who drown every meal they prepare in bottled hot sauce. I will not elaborate any further, but consider yourself warned. Don't be a hero.

Burrito Boyz
258 King Street North
Waterloo, ON N2J 2Y9
(519) 747-2690

P.S. Last call for Julie Sheridan as winner of my 3rd Veganiversary Giveaway! I haven't yet heard back from Julie and just recently attempted to contact her through Facebook. If I don't hear anything by Sunday I will draw another name - stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top